Clear Creek partners with local schools and organizations to make a difference in our community. Opportunities are available for individuals, families, and small groups.
- Meals and Childcare. Each month a couples Bible Study is held for some of the clients at Anchor Point. There will be 12 adults and 20 children. This group meets the first Friday of each month, except April. They need small groups that can either furnish a meal for the adults and children and/or help provide childcare while their parents are in Bible Study. This Bible Study group meets at Life Point Church.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Anchor Point’s spiritual director, Kathy Krages at 270-469-8309.
Bay Area Turning Point
- Meals needed. Provide a meal for 75 shelter residents. This can be as simple as providing pizza or as elaborate as a fully cooked meal with all the sides!
- Drive for High-Need Items. Each month BATP puts out a list of their highest needs which generally include paper goods, diapers, canned food, etc. If your group would like to get together to gather and drop off your collected items, please contact
To volunteer or for more information, contact Gina Holstien at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers and donations needed. Good Neighbors serves people living outside the margin, right here in League City. We provide groceries (fresh produce and dry goods) as a way to support their physical needs while sharing the Good News as a way to support their spiritual needs. We serve every 1st and 3rd Saturday except for holiday weekends and provide Groceries and Gospel from 10:30 to noon. We show up and set up at 10:30. Bring your kids, this is a great opportunity for your kids to serve with you, and seeing all our kids playing together is a huge blessing. We have a Children’s Ministry blanket that happens during Bible Storytime so that the grownups can focus on the Story, and the kiddos can hear a story of their own and have some fun making crafts, coloring, and playing games together. After storytime, we all pray together, then the neighbors share their prayer requests, make their food selections, and we wrap up, tear down, and are done by noon. Please note our location: we meet in the field adjacent to Texas Ave Community Church, 320 Texas Avenue, League City. 10:30 – noon, 1st and 3rd Saturdays. We gratefully receive contributions of fresh produce, dried goods, and bread to share with our Good Neighbors.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Leanne Sweeney at email@example.com
M.I. Lewis Service Center
- Mobile Food Distribution Volunteers. The third Saturday of every month from 6:30am – 9:30am. If a group is volunteering, please designate one person to contact us and get the group signed up.
- Front office Help. These volunteers greet our clients and assist them with registration. The first faces our clients see!
- Client Choice Assistance. These volunteers work directly with clients that visit the pantry and assist them with the choice process and gathering the pre-made bagged items for families! Shifts available on Tuesday full day or 11am-1pm, Fridays or Substitutes
- Warehouse Help. Shifts available Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or become a substitute
- Drivers Needed. Driver’s assistant and Monday back up drivers needed.
- Extra Help. Periodically volunteers are needed for improvement projects such as preparing for our summer program.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Angelica Hanley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Joy and Hope
- Household Items. Shop for and deliver basic household items, such as paper products, outside door mats, shower curtain liners, cutting boards, bathroom rugs, etc., for the onsite residential homes.
- Gift Cards for Immediate Needs. Families living at Project Joy and Hope have many immediate needs that can be met by families and small groups. Please consider donating store gift cards that can be used for groceries or gas, fast-food gifts cards such as Whataburger, Chick-Fil-A or McDonald’s, or Visa gifts cards that can help with Medical Center parking and other essentials.
- Holiday Celebrations. Provide baskets or goody bags for children and/or parents for the upcoming holidays: Valentine’s Day Celebration on 2/14 (deliver by 2/10), Easter Celebration on 4/10 (deliver by 4/3), Mother’s Day Celebration on 5/14 (deliver by 5/10) and Father’s Day Celebration on 6/18 (deliver by 6/14). Volunteers can help with the celebration, donate the goodies or both!
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations. Sponsor monthly birthday celebrations for the children by providing a cake or baked goodies and a gift for each child with a birthday that month. Volunteers can signup for one or more months.
- Landscaping. Landscape each home by adding bedding plants in the spring or fall. This is a great small group project to provide and install color into the flower beds.
- Professionals Needed. Are you a professional in the Pasadena area, willing to add your name to an on-call list to donate services from time to time? We are looking for hairdressers (cuts and color for parents or children), nail technicians (complimentary pedicures or manicures), general handymen (small repairs, fix a door, hang a mirror, install a lock), electrician (minor repairs, plumber (minor repairs) or Childcare (drop-off care when a parent must be at the hospital).
- PJH 24th Annual Golf Classic and Gala. The Golf Classic is Monday, 10/2 at Kingwood Country Club. The Gala is Saturday, November 4th at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Houston. Both events need on-site volunteers along with donated items for the Gala’s silent auction.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Shelley Fuller, Director of Development, at 832-202-4674 or email@example.com
Lighthouse Christian Ministries
- Impact Teenz Co-Leader. This is a Gospel-centered, team building leadership development group for local teens, with a concentration on relationship and community service.
- Senior Program Volunteers. We host a lunch once a month for local senior citizens. This lunch is catered by either Lighthouse or a volunteer group from a local church. The church needs to be decorated in advance to match our theme for the month. Lunch, dessert and refreshments are served, we share a devotional, a few jokes and play games like Bingo.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Crystal Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Birthday Joy Program
- Birthday Parties. Volunteers are needed to help host birthday parties on March 18 and May 20. Both parties will be held at The Bridge Over Troubled Water. Setup will begin at 4:30.
To volunteer or for more information, contact email@example.com